Yes it is slightly green. No it hasn’t spoiled. It’s green tea, silly 🙂 Don’t you think that Starbucks, Oren’s or even the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf should be serving slices of this along with their coffees and teas?
Green Tea Pound Cake
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 sticks butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Matcha Green Tea latte powder, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a 9x5x3 loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt
4. Cream butter, sugar and 1/4 cup of the green tea powder until fluffy.
5. Add eggs, one by one, to batter and mix well.
6. Gently mix dry ingredients into batter.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes, or until top is golden and a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
1/4 cup matcha green tea latte powder
1/4 cup confectioner sugar
2-3 Tbsp room temperature water
In a small bowl, combine matcha, sugar and water until smooth. Poke the top of the cake all over with the cake tester, and pour glaze over warm cake so that it soaks in.
Cool before serving.
*Disclaimer: I received samples of Mocafe Matcha Green Tea Blended Tea Latte to facilitate my entry into the Mocafe/Blendtec Giveaway on 5 Minutes for Mom **