French toast is definitely a favorite family breakfast, but there are few mornings (even Sundays) when I want to stand over the stove making piece by piece and worrying about keeping them warm in the oven so that we can all eat together.
With this recipe, I slice the bread, stir the ingredients together…stick it all in the oven at one time and we can all sit down to eat french toast together 🙂
Baked French Toast
1/2 stick unsalted butter
3 Tbsp maple syrup/honey/agave nectar
2/3 c apple juice/apple cider/orange juice
4 large eggs
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
6-8 slices of challah or other bread
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
1. Put 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter (cut into small pieces) and 3 Tbsp maple syrup/honey/agave nectar into a 12×9 in class baking pan.
Heat pan in the oven until the butter is completely melted, but not at all browned.
2. In a shallow bowl, whisk together 2/3 cup apple or orange juice, 4 large eggs, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp salt
3. Soak bread slices in the egg mixture until well saturated.
4. Arrange the bread over the melted butter and syrup in the pan.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes until golden and slightly puffed up.
Serve with powdered sugar, jam or additional syrup.
this looks good!
stopping by and followig from the blog hop!
please stop by when you get the chance
Wow! That looks fantastic! Thanks for the recipe.
Oooooo I never thought of baking french toast! What a clever idea and sooo much faster too. Thanks for sharing! I’m sure they were delicious ^_^