I must tell you, I suffered some serious ageda between the time that I send off my germ swabs to Dr. Tanner and the time that I received my results. Basically, instead of my children drifting off to sleep counting sheep (does anyone really do that?) I had a passing image of them counting bacteria instead…(they actually do kind of look like fuzzy little creatures,don’t they…)
Shocker of all shockers, in spite of the fact that I choose to spend time with my children and cook yummy food rather than obsessively clean, the results weren’t too bad 🙂
Despite the fact that my 2 year old still loves to put everything in her mouth, an unwashed plastic toy still came up pretty low on the germ continuum.
Even the inside of my wipe warmer, which I basically assumed was a breeding ground for all kinds of nastiness, turned out to be ok.
The most amazing thing of all? The swab from the doorknob of my daughter’s room tested for ZERO bacteria. I guess we’re doing a good job of washing our hands thoroughly. Phew.
Dr. Tanner was also nice enough to pass along some tips for those who aren’t the paragons of cleanliness that we are, lol:
1. Use disinfectants to remove germs. To use them safely, move your baby out of the way, spray disinfectants liberally and wipe the surface with a wet cloth to remove any chemical residue.
2. Know your nursery’s hot spots: floor, changing table, toys, hamper and toy box are all hotbeds of germs!
3. Eliminate messes during changing time: Have a dedicated changing area and try to streamline your changing process to get dirty diapers quarantined as quickly as possible.
To help you keep your own nursery clean, Playtex has provided me with a Diaper Genie II Elite and a Diaper Genie II Elite Single refill to giveaway!
The best parts of this garbage?
1.It has a handy foot pedal, so you don’t need to struggle with opening and closing one-handed.
2. The five layer bag and built-in microbial protection seals in nasty diaper odor.
3. Ability to tie your own bag=less waste.
4. The pail holds up to 38 newborn diapers–so sleep addled new parents don’t need to deal with the garbage every day 🙂
Mandatory 2 part entry:
1. Follow this blog publicly on Google Friend Connect
2. Leave a comment telling me what part of your house you most hate to clean
For extra entries (leave a comment after each one):
1. Like peek a baby on Facebook
2. Follow @peekababy on twitter
3. Retweet this info with the twitter handles @peekababy and @playtexbaby attached, and leave me a comment here with a link to your retweet.
5. Retweet daily for an extra entry, you must leave a comment daily to tell you did so with a link to your tweet!
Giveaway will end on Wednesday 11/2 at midnight.
Note: Please make sure that you provide me with your contact info in some way. How horrible would it be if you won and I couldn’t let you know??
**Giveaway Disclaimer: Playtex is paying me and providing the prize(s) for this promotion at no cost to me. This promotion is not being administered or sponsored in any way by Playtex or its affiliates, but solely by peek a baby. Any questions or comments regarding this promotion must be sent to me at peek a baby and not to Playtex.**